"Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rise and Stand

Good Morning!
Yesterday I read a devotional by Christine Wyrtzen and it pretty much summed up what I want to do this year. She used Acts 26:16-18, God's calling on the apostle Paul. "Rise and stand on your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you. I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to
God."
This is my prayer that God will work mightly in my life so that others will see HIM, not me, and turn from the darkness of sin to the light of Christ. I know that this is no easy task. In fact, it will be very hard. In my past fifty years I've finally learned that life is hard especially for a follower of Christ. And, to expect it to be any other way is foolish.
James McDonald encourages us this week in our lesson to "be the salt of the earth". He says, "when you're around, people should taste the difference!"
God gave me an opportunity yesterday to share a little bit about Daniel's transplant. I was able to say that God did indeed give us a miracle. There was no doubt about it. I hope that something I might have said stuck with them.
So, add a little flavor to everything you do today and let God use you to turn someone from darkness to light.
Many blessings,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment