"Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Monday, January 16, 2012

Be Kind

Good Morning!

I'm so glad it's Monday. I am so ready to get back into my routine. I am a terrible creature of habit. Ask anyone close to me what day I wash my sheets and they can probably tell you. I know this isn't the best way of life. I should always be open to change and the leading of the Holy Spirit. I AM a work in progress; thankful for GRACE.

So, today is Monday, the beginning of the week, the beginning of a NEW week. The beginning of new glorious opportunities to put into practice what God has been showing me and teaching me the last few weeks and days. I'm so thankful that His mercies are new every morning. Every day is an opportunity to start fresh and new and to put the past and all it's mistakes behind us.

In Deuteronomy 4 Moses tells the Israelites to "listen up...listen to the laws I'm about to teach you, keep the commands of the Lord your God, observe them for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the other nations." When I keep God's laws and obey His commands I'm telling others that I'm a follower of Christ and God is honored.

Being a good student isn't always easy. In fact, I don't think it's easy at all. It's hard work and it requires thought and discipline. We have to study. We must do our homework and be prepared because God will test us. God will not waste His time teaching us and then not put it to the test.

That's why I'm always a little leary and a little anxious when I begin studying something new. I know that there will be a test!!! And, again, I'm reminded His mercies are new every morning for me and for you!

Speaking of studying something new, my Sunday school class is doing "Love as a Way of Life" by Gary Chapman. Last week, I learned that kindness is a simple thing to do and very powerful. As obvious as it seems to be kind I discovered that I need to be more "kind". Kindness involves noticing someone else and recognizing their need. It means seeing the value of every person we meet during the day. Kindness also reflects a desire to serve others. This means serving others even when it means sacrifice.

I'm challenging myself this week to notice the needs of others and DO something about it. I'm asking God to open my heart and help me see others as He sees them. I'm reminded of the song, "People Need the Lord". People need us to see the Lord, His grace, His mercy and His love for them by helping them. Sometimes, we are the only bible that people see.

I hope that you'll join me in this challenge. Pray that God will use you to be His hands and feet this week to someone who needs Him.

Love in Christ,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment