"Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Monday, October 1, 2012

REDEEMED

Good Morning!

Ephesians 1:7  ""In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding."

Last night at church in our contemporary service we had a layperson, this is someone who by profession is not a minister but awesome Bible teacher, share from Ephesians 1. He talked about many things but the one thing that resonated with my own heart was "redemption".  We have redemption.  Redemption.  What is redemption?  Redemption, in keeping with the context of Ephesians and when it was written, was used because the Ephesians were familiar with the Greco-Roman practice of redemption.  Slaves were freed by the payment of a ransom. 

Paul was telling the Ephesians that we are all slaves.  We are all slaves to sin.  It was the redemption of Christ that set us free.  Jesus was the ransom that was necessary to free us sinners from the bondage of sin and the curse.  Christ redeemed us from sin; from sin and the curse.  He didn't redeem us so that we could go on sinning and doing what we want to do.  He redeemed us because He loves us, in accordance with his pleasure and will.

As a believer in Jesus Christ we are free from sin.  We. Are. Free. Hallelujah.  We are free in Christ Jesus and only Christ Jesus.  We no longer have to be held in bondage to sin.  We have the power of the Holy Spirit to say NO to sin.  If we follow Christ we cannot follow a life of sin.  Jesus told his disciples that you cannot serve two masters.  You will love one and hate the other.

So, I ask the question today; what do you love?  Do you love Christ?  Do you love your sin?  Who are You serving today? 

In you profess to be a Christian, you are not bound by sin.  It's a choice.  It's a deliberate choice you make every morning.

After Jesus shed His own blood for you, His precious blood, how will you show Him that you love Him today? 

I love the words to this song.  I pray that today Jesus will be the theme of the song in your heart.

"Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it! Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed thro his infinite mercy, His child and forever I am.

Redeemed, and so happy in Jesus, No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence with me doth continually dwell.

I think of my blessed Redeemer, I think of him all the day long;
I sing for I cannot be silent; His love is the theme of my song.

Redeemed, Redeemed, Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, How I love to proclaim it! His child and forever I am.

Fanny J. Crosby (Words)




No comments:

Post a Comment